Accounting homework help. Select a publicly traded company for which an accounting and auditing enforcement action was published on the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) Web site in the past 2 years due to fraudulent financial reporting.
After selecting your company and reviewing releases published by the SEC on this company, go to the investor section of the company’s corporate Web site to review any additional information on the entity. In your research, examine documents for the following:
- Examples of earnings manipulation that resulted in financial statement fraud
- Specific facts of the case that caused SEC investigation
- Details on how the SEC handled the complaints
- How did the company react to the investigation?
- Were any sanctions imposed?
- What steps, if any, did the company take to rectify the situation?
Assume that you have been hired as the Chief Risk Officer of this company to help develop the Fraud Risk Management Plan. Complete the attached spreadsheet for the company, and submit it as your deliverable for this unit.