Criminal homework help.
Week 2 Project – Due
May 10, 2020 11:59 PMMCJ5100 Advanced Research Methods and Analysis I SU01
Uniform Crime Report
In this assignment, you will become familiar with preparing descriptive statistics using Minitab software. Minitab is a popular statistical analysis tool that helps you analyze data quickly and easily. In this course, we will use data sets pulled from a variety of reliable resources. We will input these data sets into the Minitab software and create analysis reports. For your convenience, we will provide the data set and a step-by-step instructions guide (the links are provided in the Project Resources image below) to help you complete the requirements of the assignment.
In this week’s readings, you learned that descriptive statistics put quantitative descriptions into a manageable form. This useful analysis involves reducing large amounts of data to manageable summaries or coding.
Minitab Software Access
If you would like help in learning how to use Minitab, click the link provided in the Minitab Resources image below for Minitab video tutorials. These tutorials will help you get started with the Minitab software and provide additional helpful video tutorials.
Project Resources: (links provided in the graphic below)
There are two resources needed to complete this assignment.
- The Step-by-Step Instructions
- The Data Set: Hypothetical City’s Uniform Required Crimes Report (2008–2012)
In this assignment, you will use Uniform Crime Report (UCR) statistics to analyze interval variables for violent crimes over a 5-year period. The information needed to complete this assignment is conveniently accessed by clicking the links in the Project Resources image below.
- To get started, click the image below to access the Step-by-Step Instructions for using the data set in the Minitab software.
- Use the data set provided by clicking the image below for the Uniform Crime Report data. Copy and paste this data into the Minitab software.
- Use this information to create descriptive statistics to analyze the types of crimes that are committed and the variance between crimes from 2008 and 2012.
- Create and recode the variables to produce a table and a chart illustrating the variance between crimes from 2008 and 2012.
- Display your findings by creating appropriate tables and graphs using the data you downloaded to a Minitab spreadsheet.
- Present the Minitab spreadsheet as a table in a Microsoft Word document; be sure to include the tables and graphs you created to support your analysis of the data and state your conclusions about the variance in the types of violent crimes between 2008 and 2012.
Name your document SU_MCJ5100_W2_A2_LastName_FirstInitial.doc. Submit your document to the Submissions Area by the due date assigned. Cite sources in APA format on a separate page.
DATA Set: Step-By-Step Instructions. Open the instructions on how to use the data set in Minitab for this project.
DATA Uniform Crimes Report: Use this Data set to complete this project.
Minitab Resources: Learn to use Minitab for statistical analysis. Minitab video tutorials.
Week 2 Project Due May 10 at 11:59 PM