Please read everything that’s in the assignment content everything is attached please follow the instructions
Signature Assignment: Assessment Organizer and Case Study [due Mon]
- Assessment plays a vital role in instructional planning and teacher effectiveness. This assignment will give you the opportunity to exhibit your knowledge of a variety of reading assessments and how you would adapt them to fairly assess diverse learners. You will also showcase your knowledge of intervention strategies for a struggling reader case study.Complete Parts 1 and 2 below.
Part 1 – Overview of Assessment Graphic Organizer
Research the following types of reading assessments:
- Informal classroom assessments used for planning, monitoring, evaluating, and reflecting purposes (refer to Ch. 3 of your textbook)
- Diagnostic tests
- High-stakes tests
- Portfolio assessments
- Screening tools (for grades K–3)
- Create a graphic organizer that allows the reader to easily compare characteristics, purpose/uses, and strengths and weaknesses of the 5 assessment categories listed above.Include an explanation of the following:
- How assessment can be used to drive instruction
- How you might adapt one of the assessments for the following groups of diverse learners: students with learning disabilities, English learners, and gifted students
- Part 2 – Case Study
Read Case Studies of Struggling Readers.Select 1 case study on which to focus and complete the Intervention Worksheet for that case study.