English homework help.
* Kadia, your conclusion is very well written and follows the assignment. However, the rest of your essay does not follow the assignment. Make sure to talk about your reaction to the article and why you think it is intriguing throughout your essay. See my comments on the essay and on the rubric
YOUR GOAL: A reader response essay summarizes the text that you have read and contains your reaction to the text. In your essay, you may explain why you agree or disagree with the ideas in the text, how the ideas in the text relate to something you have experienced, and how the ideas in the text relate to other texts you’ve read. Your essay may also include an analysis of the author and audience of the text and your evaluation of whether the text persuades its audience of its main point.
FIRST, you will choose one of two assigned readings as the subject of your essay. Note that activities are assigned each week to help you engage with the readings and practice summarizing and responding to the text. Your instructor’s feedback will be extremely valuable in developing these skills and ensuring you are on the right track, so be sure to spend time reviewing your feedback. You will choose one of the following readings as the subject for your essay:
- “The Crane Wife” by CJ Hauser
THEN, engage with the readings, activities, and discussion forums assigned each week. All assignments are purposefully structured to build critical steps into the reading/writing process. Skills you will learn include:
- Step 1: Strategies for understanding a text
- Step 2: Strategies for reflecting on a text
- Step 3: Strategies for responding to a text
- Step 4: Writing essays
FINALLY, write the essay.
ESSAY COMPONENTS (you can find a rubric here):
- An introduction that identifies the text you are analyzing with brief background information (the author, year published, and important background of the text).
- A thesis statement that clearly and directly provides a response position.
- Targeted summary or description of the text.
- Reactions to the text.
- A conclusion that leaves the reader with a lasting impression as to why the essay is impactful.
- APA formatting, including a Title Page, page numbers, running heads, 12-point Times New Roman font, and double-spacing. Remember to use the APA Template to create your assignment. Also, remember that APA Resources are available to you by accessing the Resources & Study Tools. APA formatting will be used throughout your time as a student at South College, and is used to create consistent formatting in academic writing.
- A reference page including the essay chosen as the subject of your analysis. No additional research is required.
- Approximately 700 words or 2.5 to 3 pages of content (excluding title and references page).
- This assignment will be submitted below through Canvas and automatically run through TurnItIn. Please click here for more information on TurnItIn: TurnItIn Resources.