The essay must be a minimum of 750 words.
Topic: Fitzgerald’s “Winter Dreams”: Explain how self-creation social status and the idea of success inform the major theme of “winter dreams.”
– Use a cover sheet for title, name, etc. Do not reprint title or name on any other page.
– Underline your thesis in the essay.
– Text of essay must be double-spaced, 12-point font, 1-inch margins.
– Number your pages.
– Use MLA documentation style.
– a specific thesis statement that makes a sophisticated, original, and arguable claim about the text (thesis = the topic + your assertion)
– a tightly constructed, unified argument that coherently supports and clearly develops the thesis and addresses the meaning of the text (as opposed to the text’s value, importance, history, “greatness,” etc.)
– well-interpreted, fully supported evidence from the text for all claims with citations and relevant quotations from the text that tie your argument specifically to the text