Composting, Trash produced, Recycling, Fast fashion, Paper decor
Faucet efficiency, Toilet efficiency, Showers (length, efficiency, temperature, etc.), Washing machine type, Water used to produce your clothing, Water source, Irrigation (sprinklers, drip systems, water barrels, etc.)
Appliance efficiency, Computers, Power source sustainability, Water heater type, Lighting (type, efficiency, age), Energy vampires, External shade on roof (trees, etc.)
Insulation, Window/doorway sealant, AC age, Keeping vents clear
Useful resource: http://efficiencytips.tumblr.com/tagged/at-school (Links to an external site.) ; https://www.epa.gov/statelocalenergy/local-residential-energy-efficiency (Links to an external site.)
- Select ten topics listed above
- Write a paragraph (minimum) discussing how you address and/or implement each topic (Ten paragraphs total-minimum). Does your home actively plan accommodations for this topic? What could you do do to better on this subject? How much would it roughly cost to do so (look up what it would cost to replace equipment if necessary, ball park figures are okay)?
- Evaluate your home. Do you consider your home “green”? Why or why not?
- Propose some monetarily and personally feasible changes that you/your family should consider.
What to submit – Generate a report with the following sections and submit to the assignment dropbox:
- Introduction – Discuss the specifics of your home. How many people live there? How large is it? This section should familiarize the reader with your home.
- Topic Discussions – Include the description of each topic in this section.
- Evaluation – Include your evaluation in this section
- References – Include all reference material (MLA format)
Minimum word count is 750.