Home Information Systems homework help. Discussion 1
“Obstacle Categories and Prevention” Please respond to the following:
• Suppose that you are performing an obstacle analysis of the software that you developed for the self-parking car discussed previously. Determine which of the following obstacle categories you would apply during the analysis: hazard obstacles, threat obstacles, dissatisfaction obstacles, misinformation obstacles, inaccuracy obstacles, and usability obstacles. Defend the selected category that you selected with two examples.
• The alternative techniques for obstacle prevention are goal weakening, obstacle reduction, goal restoration, obstacle mitigation, and doing nothing. Examine the alternative techniques and select the one that you would use for obstacle presentation. Defend your selection.
“Obstacle Diagrams and Obstacle Identification” Please respond to the following:
• From the e-Activity, ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h-xBIkiY_w ) determine any similarities or dissimilarities between the goal model diagrams and obstacles diagrams.
• Provide one example of when you would use the tautology-based refinement technique. Provide one example of when you would use the obstructed target technique. Defend why you chose to use each technique in the examples that you did.
“Term Paper Discussion” Please respond to the following:
• In preparation for the Term Paper: Reengineering the Course Enrollment Process due in this course, read the project statement provide for the term paper: “Consider Strayer University’s current process of enrolling for courses through the use of the Web. Suppose that the University has contracted you to reengineer the enrollment process that considers the Web and other modes of input. The expectation is that you will gather information from current system users, analyze the collected data, propose a solution, and provide a requirements document. Assume that your professor has been tasked by the University to be the stakeholder for the reengineering of the enrollment process.
• Assume further that you are the analyst that will propose and document the system-as-is and system-to-be.” This discussion thread has been setup by your professor so that you will post questions for the professor as the stakeholder for questions pertaining to this project.