Human Resource Management homework help. Question 1: Talent Management and Online Recruitment
Part A (Chapter 9)
1. After reading Chapter 9, read the two articles listed below:
- “Integrating talent management and core HR systems valuable but tricky”
- “Applicant Tracking for High Turnover Environments”
2. Why is it important to establish the meaning of talent and talent management in a particular organizational setting? How does the strategic direction of the organization influence human resource planning activities? What are some potential disadvantages of using a packaged application to help automate the employee goal-setting process? Why is it important to have an adaptable workforce in a global economy?
Part B (Chapter 10)
3. What are the pros and cons of recruitment and selection in an Internet context? Provide examples of your personal experiences with online recruitment and selection. Do you agree or disagree with online assessments during the recruitment and selection process? Why or why not? Be sure to include your personal experiences with online assessments
Question 2: “Building Functional Expertise and Operational Objectives and Talent Management” Please respond to the following:
- There are many ways to build functional expertise within an organization. Select one of the key roles in building functional expertise, and prepare a two-year plan to build functional expertise of a newly hired manager.
- Analyze how operational objectives, their relationship to talent management, and the metrics could be applied to evaluate future talent management practices.