For this assessment, you will research an issue related to information technology ethics. You will write a report on your selected topic. In your report, you should:
- Evaluate ethical issues related to cyberethics.
- Evaluate implications of ethical issues for people and technological practices.
- Demonstrate effective communication of facts, research, analyses, and opinions regarding issues in information technology ethics.
you may choose an issue from the list below.
There are many options to pursue. Here are some possibilities:
- Access or digital divide.
- Legal liability or accountability.
- The importance of an organizational code of ethics.
- Fair information practice principles.
- Privacy protection.
- Electronic medical records/HIPAA.
- The role of cookies.
- Data mining, property rights.
- Hackers and hacking.
- Criminal behavior on the Internet.
- Global issues.
- Policy approaches (for example, privacy policies or employer policies related to cyberethics).
- Social implications and social values.
- Laws and the legal system pertaining to IT.
- Workplace monitoring.
- Social networks.
- BYOD (Bring Your Own Device).
- Biometric technology.
- Social Media Issues.
- You may want to choose a current topic that is trending in IT.
- Include a title page and a references page.
- Include an introductory paragraph and a concluding paragraph.
- Include a minimum of three research resources.
- Be sure to follow APA guidelines for style and formatting.
- Your finished assessment should be approximately 3–5 pages in length, excluding the title page and references page.