This course has major project assignments due in Week 3 and Week 5. It will take more than a week’s effort to adequately complete them. Plan time to start the research and work on those assignments earlier than the week in which they are due.
The following memo is from an exasperated manager to her staff. Obviously, this manager does not have the time to clean up her writing or another set of eyes to review her written material before mailing it.
Albertina Sindaha, Operations Manager
You were all supposed to clean up your work areas last Friday, but that didn’t happen. A few people cleaned their desks, but no one pitched in to clean the common areas.
So we’re going to try again. As you know, we don’t have a big enough custodial budget anymore. Everyone must clean up himself. This Friday I want to see action in the copy machine area, things like emptying waste baskets, and you should organize paper and toner supplies. The lunch room is a disaster area. You must do something about the counters, the refrigerator, the sinks, and the coffee machine. And any food left in the refrigerator on Friday afternoon should be thrown out because it stinks by Monday. Finally, the office supply shelves should be straightened.
If you can’t do a better job this Friday, I will have to make a cleaning schedule. Which I don’t want to do. But you may force me to.
Using the South University Online Library, research on the basics of interoffice memos. Based on your readings and understanding, create a 2- to 4-page Microsoft Word document that includes:
- An assessment of the effectiveness of the memo with respect to its tone.
- An analysis on the potential barriers to the successful communication of its intended message.
- A revised memo with improved structure using polite and firm tone consistently.
- Name your document SU_BUS2023_W2_LastName_FirstInitial.doc.
- Submit your document to the Submissions Area by the due date assigned.
- Cite any sources you use in APA format.