Please follow the instructions to get full credit for the discussion. Please look at all the attachments. I need this completed by 10/26/20 at 7pm.
Discussion – Week 9
Diagnosis of Ka-Sean
For this Discussion, you continue to put your diagnostic skills into practice by rendering a diagnosis on a client, Ka-Sean, and receiving feedback from your peers. Remember, when developing a case conceptualization, it is important to consider issues of gender, culture, family, and other stressors that may impact treatment.
To prepare for the Discussion:
- Review this week’s Learning Resources.
- Review the example case of Caden from the Week 6 Learning Resources.
- Review the case study of Ka-Sean found in Chapter 5 of Kress and Paylo (2019).
By Day 3
Post a brief summary of Ka-Sean in the following format:
- Case Conceptualization (Note: Include specific information about client symptoms and presenting concerns.)
- Diagnostic Impressions (Be sure to use the ICD-10 code, name of the disorder, and all specifiers.)
- Rationale for Diagnostic Impressions (Include the diagnostic impressions using the DSM-5 to link the client’s symptoms to the diagnostic criteria for each diagnosis that you render. If you do not render a diagnosis, you still must use the DSM-5 to explain why you chose not to render a diagnosis.)
Be sure to support your postings and responses with specific references to the Learning Resources.
American Psychiatric Association. (2013). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (5th ed.). Washington, DC: Author.
· Section II, “Anxiety Disorders”
· Section II, “Obsessive-Compulsive and Related Disorders”
· Section II, “Trauma- and Stressor-Related Disorders”
Kress, V. E., & Paylo, M. J. (2019). Treating those with mental disorders: A comprehensive approach to case conceptualization and treatment (2nd ed.). New York, NY: Pearson.
· Chapter 5, “Anxiety Disorders”
· Chapter 6, “Obsessive-Compulsive and Related Disorders”