Sociology homework help. Assignment: Conflicting Viewpoints Essay
When looking for information about a issue, how often do you try to resist biases toward your own point of view? This assignment asks you to engage in this aspect of critical thinking
you will write a paper to synthesize your ideas
Write at three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
- My topic school uniforms, my position is Pro
- Identify (3) three premises (reasons) from the Procon.org website that support your position and explain why you selected these specific reasons.
My three premises or reasons
- a) School uniforms make getting ready for school easier, which can improve punctuality
- b) School uniforms keep students focused on their education, not their clothes
c)Students can express their individuality in school uniforms by introducing variations and adding accessories
- Explain your answers to the questions about the three (3) premises opposing your position from the Procon.org website.
- Examine at least two (2) types of biases that you likely experienced as you evaluated the premises for and against your position.
- Discuss the effects of your own enculturation or group identification that may have influenced your biases.
- Discuss whether your thinking about the topic has changed even if your position on the issue has stayed the same.
The paper should follow guidelines for clear and organized writing:
- Include an introductory paragraph and concluding paragraph.
- Address main ideas in body paragraphs with a topic sentence and supporting sentences.
- Adhere to standard rules of English grammar, punctuation, mechanics, and spe
- include at least 3-4 references